Larval survey of open habitats of mosquitoes was carried out in Awka, Isiagu, Nibo and Umuawulu communities in Awka South Local Government Area of Anambra State. The study was carried out from May-July 2011 during the wet season and December 2011-February 2012 in the dry season. The collection of larvae of mosquitoes was done using dipper and pipette. Nike Flyknit Air Max Heren Five larval habitats of mosquitoes namely ground pools, drains/gutter, used tyres, discarded domestic containers and tree holes/leaf axils were identified in the wet season while only ground pool along river bank was identified in the dry season survey. A total of 343 larvae of mosquitoes belonging to three genera and five species were collected and identified. These were Aedes aegypti 43.4% (149/343), Culex quinquefasciatus 25.4% (87/343), Culex tigripes 15.5% (53/343), Anopheles gambiae 12.5% (43/343), and Anopheles funestus 3.2% (11/343). Culex quinquefasciatus had the highest distribution in ground pools (36.7%) followed by Anopheles gambiae (33.7%). In drains/gutters, Culex tigripes had the highest distribution of 37.9% followed by A. aegypti and other species. In used tyres, only larvae of A. aegypti and C. Nike Darwin Goedkoop quinquefasciatus were identified. Nike Air Max 95 Prem Tape Dame Similar result was obtained for domestic discarded containers where A. aegypti and C. quinquefasciatus were collected. The only larvae of mosquitoes found in tree holes/leaf axils were C. Nike Air Max 2016 Dame tigripes. Nike Air Max Dame The result also showed that Anopheles gambiae and A. funestus bred only in ground pools and drains/gutters. Only larvae of Anopheles gambiae and Culex quinquefasciatus were identified in the dry season survey near river bank in vegetable farms. Air Max 2015 Zwart Blauw Rood Goedkoop Statistical analysis revealed no significant difference (p>0.05) in identified larval habitats and among species of mosquitoes in various larval habitats in the wet season v There was however significant difference (p<0.05) in larval distribution in wet and dry seasons. Adequate knowledge of larval habitats of mosquitoes will help inform better environmental management in the control of mosquito-borne diseases.
You are here: / / / A SURVEY OF OPEN LARVAL HABITATS OF MOSQUITOES .
- UNE ÉTUDE COMPARÉE DES CONJONCTIONS EN FRANÇAIS ET EN ESAN
- RESPONSE OF Jatropha curcas L. TO FUNGAL PATHOGENS IN SOUTHWESTERN NIGERIA
- THE TRADITIONAL CONTENTS OF MODERN AFRICAN DRAMA ( A STUDY OF SOME PLAYS OF WOLE SOYINKA AND ZULU SOFOLA
- EXAMINE THE CAUSAL RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN HUMAN CAPITAL DEVELOPMENT AND INDUSTRIAL GROWTH IN NIGERIA BETWEEN 1981 AND 2019.
- THE ROLE OF HUMAN CAPITAL ON INDUSTRIAL GROWTH IN NIGERIA FROM (1981-2019)
- THE INFLUENCE OF FILM AS A MASS MEDIUM ON SECOND-WAVE MILLENNIALS – A STUDY OF NIGERIAN YOUTH CULTURE
- THE IMPACT OF YOUTH ON PEACE BUILDING AND POST-CONFLICT DEVELOPMENT IN SOUTH-SUDAN
- THE IMPACT OF MARKETING STRATEGY ON THE PRODUCTIVITY OF AN ORGANIZATION: A CASE STUDY OF FIRST BANK NIGERIA PLC
- THE IMPACT OF GOVERNMENT AGRICULTURAL EXPENDITURE ON ECONOMIC GROWTH IN NIGERIA
- THE IMPACT OF EXCHANGE RATE FLUCTUATIONS ON ECONOMIC GROWTH IN NIGERIA
- THE IMPACT OF BOKO HARAM INSURGENCY ON SOCIO-ECONOMIC ACTIVITIES IN NIGERIA(STUDY BORNO STATE)
- THE DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF HOME OF GROCERIES TRADER APPLICATION
- THE DETECTION AND PREVENTION OF SNIFFING ON NETWORKS
- THE DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A DISPATCH/LOGISTICS (DELIVERY) WEBSITE
- PROBLEMS ASSOCIATED WITH IMMUNIZATION OF CHILDREN AMONG THE ILLITERATE MOTHERS IN OBA LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA
- PERFORMANCE APPRAISAL AND EMPLOYEES’ PRODUCTIVITY IN AFRICA INDEPENDENT TELEVISION (AIT), ABUJA
- Workshop on Pedagogy and Integrated Medical and Dental Curriculum: Using concepts in academic achievement analysis.
- MOTIVATIONAL TECHNIQUES AND EMPLOYEE PERFORMANCE IN NIGERIA IMMIGRATION SERVICE, ABUJA.
- MODELLING AND OPTIMIZATION OF A HYBRID ENERGY SYSTEM FOR GSM BASE TRANSCEIVER STATION SITES IN EMERGING CITIES