PROPOSAL:The object of this study is to find out how relevant accountability is to our nation Nigeria. Accountability in public administration refers to produce in financial and material management of scare resources for the general welfare of the citizens. However; lack of accountability and improper accounting by our public officers has presented a big blow to the economy. In this work, much emphasis will be laid on the need for accountability in public sector, the evolution of unmilitary on accountability, the various factors that militate against accountability and the various methods of enforcing accountability in our nation in order to bring economize growth and development will be exhaustively discussed among others, Thus, the government will have to device ways and means of making public officers accountable number of public financial ethers will be laid out to support the need for adequate accountability in the management of public finds and resources . There information will be gotten from the use of analysis of data through questionnaire and interviews. In conclusion, several recommendations for appropriate accountability among public officers will be made by this study.
TABLE OF CONTENT
- Background of the study
- Statement of the study
- Objective of the study
- Significance of the study
- Scope of the study
- Limitation of the study
- Brief history of Nnewi north local government
- Definition of terms
REVIEW OF RELATED LITERATURE
- Accountability and the Nigerian societal ethics and values
- Evaluation of military on accountability
- Methods of enforcing accountability
- The role of accountability in Nnewi North local government of Anambara State
- Factors that militate against accountability in the public sector.
- The professional ethics of public financial management.
- Accounting documents and recording transactions