ABSTRACT: The focus of this project is a management training and development in the Guardian Newspaper Ltd, Isolo, Lagos. The problem of discriminatory practices in selecting staff for staff training, lack of training and development facilities by the management on the progress of the organization, but interested on enriching themselves were the major issues that motivated the researcher to pick up the topic for investigation.
The researcher had the underlisted objectives which are:
1. To find out problems associated with management training and development in the Guardian Newspaper Ltd, Isolo, Lagos.
2. To recommend solution to those problems reviews of relevance literature was equally carried out and the aim focus was in the area of the concept of training and development in organization and problem associated with it.
Questionnaires were used strictly for collecting data for the study and chi-square statistical methods for analysis was adopted in analysis of the data presented. All problems associated with management training and development militated against the advancement of employees in this organization and led to decrease in productivity. Three hypotheses were equally formulated and tested to validate the data analysis. The result of the test was the fact that management training is a necessary ingredient for the attainment of organization set objectives.
On the basis of the findings, the researcher put forward some recommendations:
- That the company should be using application forms for recruiting new staff.
- Staff responsible for the selecting of staff for training should be instructed to apply selecting criteria without unlawful discrimination.
- In order to improve their performance and increase turnover, training and development is very essential as at when due.
- Funds allocated for training should be utilized appropriately.
Areas for future researches should be recommended as thus: There should be determination on the rate at which performance of trained employee is greater than the untrained, where untrained staff will be used as a controlled group while trained staff as an experimental group. Findings should be made to know whether employees advancement is really determined by acquisition of additional qualifications, work experience, performance level of favourism. Finally, the company should endeavour to give helping hands that adequate research is doing on the areas listed above relevant data should be given when required.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1.1 General Background of Subject Matter
1.2 Problem associated with the subject matter
1.3 Problem that the Researcher study
1.4 Importance of Studying the Area
1.5 Definition of Important term
- Literature Review
- Origin of the Subject area
- School of thought relevance to the problem of the search
- Different method of studying the problem
3.1 Data presentation of the study
3.2 Analysing of the data