EFFECT OF SALES PROMOTION ON BRAND LOYALTY FOR COCA-COLA SOFT DRINK. A RESEARCH PROJECT MATERIAL ON MARKETING
This project work was focus on the sale promotion and brand loyalty for coca-cola soft drink in Enugu state with a particular reference of Nigeria Bottling Plc, the problem the researcher tackled were to find out if the customer of Nigeria Bottling Plc help to create awareness of their product, stimulate and arose customer favorable behavior towards the company and its product.
The main objective of sales promotion were
1. To determine the extent to which sales promotion by various soft drinks companies has achieved to desired consumer exposure to various brands for coca-cola soft drinks.
2. To investigate consumer brand switching behavioral in terms of exposure sales promotional campaigns.
3. To determine the relationship between sales promotions effect and consumer patronage of the various brands.
4. To determine whether sales recorded on various brands of coca-cola soft drinks justifies investment in its sales promotion by the various companies.
Based on the objectives of the study four hypothesis were formulated. The population of study were drawn from the users of coco-cola soft drink in Enugu State. Burley’s formula was used to determine the sample size. Questionnaires and personal interviews were used to elicit data from respondents simple tables and percentage were used to analyze data collected.
Based on the analysis, the following findings were made.
2. The sales promotion messages of Nigerian bottling plc influence their product.
3. Middlemen confirmed they sell more during Nigeria bottling promotional activities.
4. Sales promotion by Nigeria bottling plc help to create consumer awareness of their products.
5. Nigeria bottling plc sales promotion has induced consumers to purchase their product. The researcher therefore, made the following recommendations.
2. More sales promotional activities should be integrated with other promotional tools. In conclusion, the researcher can say that Nigeira bottling plc sales promotional influence consumers to buy more of their products and also the promotions influences distributors to more of their products.
BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
The Nigerian coco-cola bottling company first came to Nigeria in 1953 and established its first bottling plant in Lagos. This was to be the beginning of growth and development in 1956, two other plants were established in Kano and Jos respectively. The opening of the Ibadan plant followed in 1961, the next as that of Benin in 1970. Sources: Wikipedia com/Nigeria body company http/Google /2F%/cocoa-cola.
The Enugu plant at 9the Mile corner Ngwo was established in 1975, in all, there are about 21 coca-cola bottling plants in several parts of the country. In some states where coca-cola bottling plants are non existents, large depots are always maintained to serve the growing demand for the brand by consumers in those areas.