The primary aims of it is research is to take a deep look on how branding and packaging as tools for product differentiation in the marketing of consumer product in Nigeria.
Branding is a name, symbol, sign given to a product in order to differentiate from other manufactures products in the market. Packaging is defined as group of activities producting the wrapper or container for a product.
The chapter one of this research is about the general introduction about branding and packaging. The aim and objectives scope and the significant and the limitation of the study.
Chapter two is talking about literature review that is past work of different authors. And meaning, characteristics of product impact of branding and packaging on marketing activities. The important of branding and packaging as instrument for differentiation.
Chapter three, is about the data presentation and analysis, research methodology and data collection instrument.
While chapter four is explaning the research methodology that is the method of research use in there research.
Lastly chapter five is the summary of
finding conclusion and recommendation to the research.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- CHAPTER ONE: BACKGROUND OF THE
- Statement of research problems
- Aims and objectives of the study
- Significant of study
- Scope of the study
- Limitations and constraints to the study
CHAPTER TWO: LITERATURE REVIEW
- Review on past work on branding and
- What is packaging
- Meaning of characteristics of product
- Impact of branding and packaging on market activities
- Importance of branding an packaging product as an instrument for product differentiation
- How product differentiation helps branding and packaging of product.
CHAPTER THREE: RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
- Research population and sample
- Research approach
- Data collective instruments
- Administration of instruments
- Method of data analysis
CHAPTER FOUR: DATA PRESENTATION AND ANALYSIS
- Brief History of global soap and
detergent industry (GSDI) Ilorin
- Test of hypothesis
- Analysis of result
CHAPTER FIVE: SUMMARY, CONCLUSION AND RECOMMENDATION
- Summary of finding
The duties performed by a company include the building of a unique brand name that will eventually fit a product for easy identification.
A product is anything tangible that can be offered to a market for attention, acquisition use or consumption that can satisfy a want or need.
Product process tangible and tangible attributes which include packaging service product also posses many characteristics which include quality, features, styling, branding and packaging.
Branding can be defined as a process of using a particular names, signs, trade marks, symbols by manufacturers or producers for easy identification of their products from that of competition while brand is that part which can be visualized e.g. coke, 7up, thermocool etc. for easy identification of product which can be consumer or industrial product, branding is used as a unique form for instance flahs detergent powder, vogue toilet soap and canon photo copying machine each of them contain a unique symbol and sign which aid in differentiating product in the market.
Packaging is an activity involved in designing and producing suitable container and wrapper of a product. This can be primary and secondary form.
In a common consumer product e.g. Hi-clean scouring powder and flash blue detergent powder, the plastic ontainer that house the scouring powder and the paper carton which contain flash scouring powder and flash detergent as secondary package.
All those protection product from being damage and his appeal directly and indirectly to the consumer.
Packaging is essential as promotional instrument to the producers and sellers consumer re-use packaging for example bourn vital paper packs are used by little kids to make many structure such as toy cars, toy lorries and toy game posts. Pronto wives for storing purposes.
This study will be mostly concerned about how branding and packaging have been effective tools for product differentiation in marketing of consumer products.
Marketing is defined by Philip Kotler (1988) as a social and management process by which individual and group obtains what they need and want through creating and exchanging products and value with others. Another definition says “marketing is the management process responsible for identifying, anticipate and satisfying consumers requirement predictability. Form this definition of marketing it is seen that it is only branding and packaging that consumer can recognize their loyal brand and as such they can make a repeat purchase for instance different colours of detergent package consumers to differentiate their choice and type and this form loyalty to that brand that eventually established and developed.
Branding is very important and helps producer since:
- It encourage repeat purchase at lower cost to the producer
- It develops loyal customers to that brand through repeat purchases.
- It builds up corporate image of the organization
- It leads to product identification and protection
1.2 STATEMENT OF RESEARCH PROBLEM
In any research work, certain problem are usually identified for the study to solve. It is the way a problem is defined that governs the ability of decision makers to search and identify appropriate solution. In this resgards, below are the study;
- What are the problem consumer face in their choice of brand and how has branding and packaging been effective in marketing of consumer products?
- Hs there been any benefit that the consumers and producer get from branding a product?
- Have branding packaging not been considered to be ways of deceiving consumers of the quality of that of an advantage of the corporate image of the organization?
- How could be consumer who suffered disappointment due to poor quality of the product be identified and then compensated so that he could make a repeat purchase?