Library stock system is a fast growing company since the ancient methods of maintaining it are no longer dynamic and efficient, for expeditious retrieval and dissemination of information and better services for the client, application of modern techniques have become absolutely indispensable. This project focuses on developing software for a web based library stock management system which can enable the librarian to record all the books stocked in the library and also assign. The objectives of this is to build a web database for storing books stocked in the library, also to develop a web base system which will help to manage and record books borrowed and returned in the library, to assign every book unique identification number. The method used in developing this software is the waterfall model.The researcher used this methodology in the design of the software and it was implemented using sublime text on a Microsoft windows operating system using basic HTML codes, PHP, CSS and MySQL language for the relational database. The result gotten from this project was a web based library stock management system.
Library is a fast growing company. The ancient methods of maintaining it are no longer dynamic and efficient. For expeditious retrieval and dissemination of information and better service for the client, application of modern techniques has become absolutely indispensable.
A properly computerized library will help its users with quick and prompt services. Library automation refers to mechanization of library housekeeping operations predominantly by computerization.
The most commonly known housekeeping operations are acquisition control, serials control, cataloguing, and classification and circulation control. Library stock managements is an enterprise resource planning systems for a library, used to tracks items owned, order made, bills paid etc.
- STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
Some of the problems encountered in the manual library stock management system in institutions include:
- Lack of comprehensive database for book stocked in the library,
- Poor determination books due and overdue,
3. Lack of verifiable borrowed material from the borrowers (student and staff),
- Stress to the library attendance to attended the users
- AIM AND OBJECTIVES
The aim of this project is to design and implement a library stock management system.
The objectives include:
- To build a web database for storing books using IDs assigned to each book,
- To develop a web base which helps to manage and record library stocks
- To give account of borrowed and unborrowed books ,
- Reduction of verbal words between the library users and the attendance
- SIGNIFICANCE OF STUDY
With growth of information technology, the study offers numerous values in library stock management system;
- Library users get quality services,
- It will be easier to borrow books,
- It will provide efficient, effective and timely services,
- Record keeping will be more efficient.