The aim and topic of the paper is to formulate a theoretical accounting model for the measurement and the inclusion of a new intangible asset in the financial statements related to environmental sustainability and social responsibility. To achieve this goal the central part of the paper presents an accounting approach that follows an Italian research project entitled POLIED(RO) (POL Pollenzo, I index, E environmental and economics Design). The accounting model proposed in the study tries to accommodate the main suggestions of the International Accounting Standards and the final result tries to propose an accounting model oriented towards the overcoming of the current neutrality between the results of the traditional accounting models and those derivable from social and environmental reports realised by companies, in which it is possible to assume an ideal bidirectional connection between the different accounting approaches.
You are here: / / / Environmental sustainability and social responsibility: a theoretical proposal for an accounting evaluation
- ROLE INTERPRETATION TECHNIQUES AND THE NIGERIAN ACTOR: PETER FATOMILOLA IN FOCUS.
- EVALUATION OF NIGERIA DEPOSIT INSURANCE CORPORATION (NDIC)’S ROLE IN DISTRESS MANAGEMENT OF NIGERIAN BANKS.
- AN ANALYSIS ON THE PERSISTENT DEPRECIATION OF THE NAIRA IN THE FOREIGN EXCHANGE MARKETS CAUSES EFFECTS AND SOLUTIONS
- AN INVESTIGATION INTO THE CHALLENGES OF IFRS ADOPTION AND IMPLEMENTATION AMONGST SMALL AND MEDIUM SCALE ENTERPRISE OPERATORS IN NIGERIA
- EVALUATION OF INTERNALLY GENERATED REVENUE AND ECONOMIC GROWTH OF KANO STATE FROM 1999-2014
- ASSESSMENT OF CAPITAL GAIN TAX ADMINISTRATION IN NIGERIA: PROBLEM AND PROSPECT. CASE STUDY OF FEDERAL INLAND REVENUE SERVICE
- AN EVALUATION OF THE EFFECT OF ACOUNTING RECORDS ON THE PERFORMANCE OF SME IN NIGERIA A STUDY OF SELECTED SMES IN LAGOS METROPOLIS
- AN EMPIRICAL STUDY OF ECONOMIC AND BEHAVIOURAL DETERMINANTS OF TAX COMPLIANCE
- EFFECT OF ETHICAL ACCOUNTING PRACTICES ON ORGANIZATIONAL PRODUCTIVITY IN NIGERIA
- FEDERAL GOVERNMENT FINANCIAL ALLOCATION PLANNING AND ITS CONTROL IN AN EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTION
- ASSESSMENT OF EFFECTIVENESS OF ACCOUNTING INFORMATION AS A TOOL FOR MANAGEMENT DECISION
- BREAK-EVEN THEORY AND ACCOUNTING AS A MANAGEMENT DECISION A TOOL
- FUNDING OF FEDERAL PARASTATALS A STUDY OF FEDERAL RADIO COOPERATION OF NIGERIA IN ENUGU STATE
- FAIR VALUE MEASUREMENT AND PERFORMANCE ON SELECTED MANUFACTURING COMPANIES IN NIGERIA
- THE EFFECTS OF CREDIT MANAGEMENT ON LIQUIDITY POSITION OF A MANUFACTURING COMPANY (A CASE STUDY OF NIGERIAN BREWERIES PLC, ENUGU STATE)
- DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF ACCOUNT HOLDER’S INFORMATION SYSTEM FOR A MICRO FINANCE BANK
- AN APPRAISAL OF INFRASTRUCTURAL FACILITIES AND PERSONNEL FOR TEACHING PHYSICS IN SENIOR SECONDARY SCHOOLS
- A STATISTICAL RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN STUDENTS COURSE OF STUDY AND THEIR ATTITUDE TOWARDS EDUCATIONAL DEVELOPMENT IN NIGERIA
- THE IMPORTANCE OF FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING LITERACY ON THE GROWTH, DEVELOPMENT, SURVIVAL, PRODUCTION AND PERFORMANCE OF SMES
- TREASURY MANAGEMENT STRATEGIES AND CHALLENGE IN THE BANKING INDUSTRIES