DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF AN EXPERT SYSTEM ON TROUBLESHOOTING AND MAINTENANCE OF INKJETPRINTER
Most often, the printing of very important and computer reports have been stopped midway owing to some minor faults on the computer/printer system. At times, due to the complexity of the faults some maintenance find it difficult beginning to perform detailed diagnosis due to lack of specialized equipment, some of which are available only to a few big firms due to their high cost of acquisition. As the case may be, some of those faults may be such that will require a very fundamental knowledge of printer maintenance, making use of minor tools. Once the actual causes are identified.
BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
The impact of engineering age is tremendous and its arrears of application are increasing geometrically. It is believed that the information revolution will radically change the nature and quality of engineering work in the near future.
Some of the most exiting arrear of the information technology includes.
– Office automation and computer publishing
– Just-in-time (J.I.T) production techniques to reduce cost and improve quality.
– Electronic shopping and electronic funds transfer
– Computer controlled commuter train system
– Decision support system (DSS) that facilitate real time control of making under battle field condition typically characterized by uncertainty
– Computer aids to the handicapped including intelligent implants and experts for medical diagnosis.
– Computer aids instruction (CAI) and aided manufacturing.
Due to all these mentioned arrears of computer application and more, computer has now been accepted and used by so many organizations, by individuals for various purposes. It is believed that computer is an agent, which improves productivity, enhances competition.