THE MARKETING OF EDUCATIONAL SERVICE (A CASE STUDY OF IMT ENUGU). A RESEARCH PROJECT MATERIAL ON MARKETING
This project is on the marketing of educational programme of tertiary institutions.
A case study of the institute of management and technology (IMT), Enugu. The major objective of the study was to determine the extent of effectiveness which IMT has attained I the marketing of its educational service.
The populations studied comprised of student personnel and employers of IMT graduates primary and secondary data collected were analyzed and hypothesis tested using the chi-square statistical technique.
From the data analyzed, the researcher came up with the following findings.
1. Inadequate physical facilities limit the effectiveness of IMT in marketing its educational service.
3. The institute management is not marketing oriented and does not attach importance to the satisfaction of its customers (students)
4. Most of the customers (students) experience too much stress and are not satisfied with the total package of educational service received.
The researcher recommends the following to help solve the problem:
1. The management building and providing more physical facilities such as libraries, lecture rooms, laboratory, etc.
2. The government of Enugu State providing more funds and reducing the total price (fees) paid by customers.
3. The management of the Institute becoming marketing oriented and carrying out monitoring research to determine the level of satisfaction in pr dissatisfaction and then taking appropriate action;
4. Motivating the personnel of the Institute very well to render educational service more effectively.
The conclusion of the study is that the marketing of educational service in IMT today is not effective, but this can be changed by adopting the (marketing) strategies listed above.
BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
The marketing of educational programme of tertiary institutions in Nigeria cannot be said to be more appropriate to come under focus at any other later time than now.
This assertion stems from the fact of the importance of the study to the body running, management and administration of our tertiary institution. This study is equally going to be more relevant to the planners and financial to those tertiary schools.
The knowledge of the salient issues in the study will assist the planners and managers of the institution to really understand the extent to which the programmes have been effective.