THE MARKETING OF HOTEL SERVICE IN WARRI METROPOLIS (A CASE STUDY OF ROYAL ARK HOTEL LIMITED . A RESEARCH PROJECT MATERIAL ON MARKETING
The primary aim of this project work fitted “ Marketing of Hotel services in Warri Metropolis which Royal Ark Hotel Limited was used as a case study was to determine the causes of low patronage by customers and equally to suggest possible solutions to the problem.
Relevant work relating to this project was reviewed in order to get more information on work to be carried out. Both primary and secondary data was collected in order to get the relevant information on the project work. on the course of he analysis many findings were made which was attributed to be the cause of low customers patronage in the hotel. Among the findings were:
1. The service process of the organization is too long.
3. There is no clear organizational chart
4. Staff are not properly motivated in terms of salary.
5. Their promotional tools were not effective
6. staff are not properly trained
7. there is no laid down rules for employment
In order to over come the problems listed above the following recommendation were made:
1. That the management of the organization should establish a pure marketing department and employ qualified marketing personnel in the department.
2. That the management should make their service process to be short by way of standardization and documentation of service process incentive given to customers are adequate.
3. They should ensure that the promotional incentive given to customers are adequate
4. Clear organizational chart should be made so that it will not create confusion on whom to report to.
5. The management should motivate their staff by way of training and paying good salary
6. The organization should make sure that more graduates with reasonable experience are employed into the organization.
In conclusion, it was expected that this project would contribute to more practice of marketing concept in a hotel industry if it is implemented.
BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
The subject matter of this research work s the “ marketing of hotel service in Warri metropolis” address the topic it is of importance to know what is meant by marketing service and hotel.
According to Kotler (1991 P.10), Marketing is defined as a social and managerial process by which individuals and groups obtained what they need and want through creating, offering and exchanging products of value with others. According to William J. Stabtib (1981 P3) Marketing is a transaction an exchange intended to satisfy human needs or wants.
The British institute of marketing (1989 P1), marketing could also be viewed as the management process responsible for identifying, anticipating and satisfying customer requirement profitably.
According to William J. Stanton (1981 P.441) , services are those separately identifiable, essentially intangible activities that provide want satisfaction, and that are not necessary tied to the sale of product or another services.
The Oxford Advanced Learners Dictionary of Current revised by Honby. Hotel is “a building where meals and rooms are provided for travelers”,
Classification of hotels: Motorist hotel with rooms and cabins, a parking area. However some of he important service offered by hotel are Accommodation facilities including
The increase changes in the marketing place have made it necessary for hotel to become more market oriented in offering of their services. They aim at satisfying their customers needs as well as fulfilling their own organization goals.