ABSTRACT This study was carried out to provide better understanding of not just Nigeria‟s foreign policy but to also shed more light on problems and prospects of Nigeria‟s foreign policy implementation. The general objective being to examine the positive and negative effects of the implementation process on Nigeria and her relationship with fellow African states and states across the globe and how it affects the economic, political, cultural, technological and military development of the country. Textbooks, internet materials and other sources were used to gather information for this study. This study talks about Nigeria‟s role as „Giant of Africa‟ and how the responsibility that comes with this position affects Nigeria‟s foreign policy implementation negatively and positively. Because of this role, Nigeria is greatly involved in decision making of regional organizations like the African union and this enables her implement her foreign policies but at the same time her attention is also diverted to the needs of other African states and in attending to these needy state she forgets the needs and requirements of her own home citizens and in extreme cases this causes violent attack and affects both the economic and political sectors of the country. Literature review and the use of content analysis aided greatly to provide better understanding of Nigeria‟s foreign policy implementation and its prospects and provide solutions for the problems encountered as well. in all, proper implementation of Nigeria‟s foreign policy have great prospects like economic and technological development through trade relations and increase in status and prestige of Nigeria due to assistance rendered to other African states and fostering of friendly ties between Nigeria and various states. Nigeria‟s foreign policy implementation also encounters certain problems before these policies can be implemented causing external interferences, insecurity and in some cases these problems affects the National interest of the country.
You are here: / / / NIGERIA’S FOREIGN POLICY IMPLEMENTATION: PROBLEMS AND PROSPECTS
- ROLE INTERPRETATION TECHNIQUES AND THE NIGERIAN ACTOR: PETER FATOMILOLA IN FOCUS.
- EVALUATION OF NIGERIA DEPOSIT INSURANCE CORPORATION (NDIC)’S ROLE IN DISTRESS MANAGEMENT OF NIGERIAN BANKS.
- AN ANALYSIS ON THE PERSISTENT DEPRECIATION OF THE NAIRA IN THE FOREIGN EXCHANGE MARKETS CAUSES EFFECTS AND SOLUTIONS
- AN INVESTIGATION INTO THE CHALLENGES OF IFRS ADOPTION AND IMPLEMENTATION AMONGST SMALL AND MEDIUM SCALE ENTERPRISE OPERATORS IN NIGERIA
- EVALUATION OF INTERNALLY GENERATED REVENUE AND ECONOMIC GROWTH OF KANO STATE FROM 1999-2014
- ASSESSMENT OF CAPITAL GAIN TAX ADMINISTRATION IN NIGERIA: PROBLEM AND PROSPECT. CASE STUDY OF FEDERAL INLAND REVENUE SERVICE
- AN EVALUATION OF THE EFFECT OF ACOUNTING RECORDS ON THE PERFORMANCE OF SME IN NIGERIA A STUDY OF SELECTED SMES IN LAGOS METROPOLIS
- AN EMPIRICAL STUDY OF ECONOMIC AND BEHAVIOURAL DETERMINANTS OF TAX COMPLIANCE
- EFFECT OF ETHICAL ACCOUNTING PRACTICES ON ORGANIZATIONAL PRODUCTIVITY IN NIGERIA
- FEDERAL GOVERNMENT FINANCIAL ALLOCATION PLANNING AND ITS CONTROL IN AN EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTION
- ASSESSMENT OF EFFECTIVENESS OF ACCOUNTING INFORMATION AS A TOOL FOR MANAGEMENT DECISION
- BREAK-EVEN THEORY AND ACCOUNTING AS A MANAGEMENT DECISION A TOOL
- FUNDING OF FEDERAL PARASTATALS A STUDY OF FEDERAL RADIO COOPERATION OF NIGERIA IN ENUGU STATE
- FAIR VALUE MEASUREMENT AND PERFORMANCE ON SELECTED MANUFACTURING COMPANIES IN NIGERIA
- THE EFFECTS OF CREDIT MANAGEMENT ON LIQUIDITY POSITION OF A MANUFACTURING COMPANY (A CASE STUDY OF NIGERIAN BREWERIES PLC, ENUGU STATE)
- DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF ACCOUNT HOLDER’S INFORMATION SYSTEM FOR A MICRO FINANCE BANK
- AN APPRAISAL OF INFRASTRUCTURAL FACILITIES AND PERSONNEL FOR TEACHING PHYSICS IN SENIOR SECONDARY SCHOOLS
- A STATISTICAL RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN STUDENTS COURSE OF STUDY AND THEIR ATTITUDE TOWARDS EDUCATIONAL DEVELOPMENT IN NIGERIA
- THE IMPORTANCE OF FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING LITERACY ON THE GROWTH, DEVELOPMENT, SURVIVAL, PRODUCTION AND PERFORMANCE OF SMES
- TREASURY MANAGEMENT STRATEGIES AND CHALLENGE IN THE BANKING INDUSTRIES