STATISTICAL ANALYSIS OF THE RECORD OF PATIENT ADMITTED INTO FEDERAL MEDICAL CENTRE OWERRI, IMO STATE
This project deals with the records of patients admitted into federal medical centre Owerri from 2002 – 2009. The data was obtained from the statistics unit of the hospital with analysis showing the records of patients admitted per month over the period of the years. The researcher used the mean and percentage value in order to determine the increase or decrease in the record of patient admitted. Chapter one discusses about the introduction of the concept, chapter two the literature review while chapter three is the research methodology. Chapter four deals with data presentation and analysis and chapter includes the summarization, conclusion and recommendation which will help in solving this problem.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Table of content
1.1 Aims and Objectives of Study
1.2 Significance of Study
1.3 Scope of Study
1.4 Purpose of Study
1.5 Limitations of Study
1.6 Statement of the Problem
1.7 Historical Background of the Case Study
2.0 Literature Review
3.0 Research Methodology
3.1 Method of Data Collection
3.2 Population of Study
3.3 Sample Size
3.4 Problems Encountered
3.5 Method of Data Analysis
4.0 Data Presentation and Analysis
4.1 Table 1
4.2 Table 2
4.3 Table 3
4.4 Graph 1
4.5 Graph 2
5.0 Summary, Conclusion and Recommendation
5.1 Summary of the Findings
Health of the people they say is the first part of every aspect of life. A society filled with unhealthy people cannot achieve any economic or meaningful development project. This is the reason behind the Imo state government relentless effort to provide sound health care services to her citizens. It has been observed that the rate of admission into hospitals is on the increase which people now suffer from various and different kind of illness such as AIDS, diabetes, hepatitis and other diseases like river blindness, malaria, typhoid, tuberculosis etc.
It can be seen that such illness are instant killers while some could take some time before it is cured. One thing that is obvious is that scientist world over have not relented in their effort to discover and find cures to these ailments. Regrettably, despite this effort in finding lasting solution to most of these diseases very sound statistical analysis have not be undertaken to seen if the occurrence of these disease follow a specified pattern over a given period. This forms the major interest of this work.
- AIMS AND OBJECTIVES OF STUDY
The objectives of study of the work are:
- To analyze the data collected on the record of patient admitted in Federal Medical Centre (FMC) Owerri from 2002 – 2009.
- To see if there is a basic pattern of growth in the data collected
- Analyzed the 2010 admission on patient in the hospital
- SIGNIFICANCE OF STUDY
- The result of this project work will enable the personnel in charge of health government and other people to know the rate of diseases as well as whether the rate of patients admitted in the hospital is increasing or not.
- It will go along way to provide a practical approach for health insurance programme planners on the nature and rate of people suffering different illness.
- This research work will also serve as a sample study which can be used to generalize the population of people who are ill in Imo state, to the incumbent government of Imo state and Imo state hospital management board.
- The work will provide information to the federal government on how to approach this illness in the future.
- It will help the National Population Census officers and Federal Office of Statistics in studying the rate at which people are admitted.
- The study will help to ensure an intensive campaign to enlighten the public to keep their environment clean so as to avoid diseases that may lead to illness.
Generally, the result of the study can be used as a reference for further studies that may from time to time be embarked upon by other researchers.
- SCOPE OF THE STUDY
This work covers all the patients that were admitted into Federal Medical Centre Owerri in Imo state from 2002 – 2009. If there is any linear relationship between the numbers admitted with respect to the years and it is set to examine or cover Imo state with the capital, Owerri.