This research work tends to scrutinize the causes and effects of frustration on Nigerian secretaries with particular reference to Nigerian breweries plc 9th mile corner faces some problems like vandalization of office stationeries, crates of beers, misuse of office facilities like telephone among others.
These problems and other yet to be discovered moved the researcher to the topic.
THE CAUSES AND EFFECT OF FRUSTRATION ON NIGERIAN SECRETARIES. To achieve this aim, the researcher divided the work into chapters.
Chapter one deals with introduction, and background of the study. Also statement of the problems, purpose , significance and research questions were included in chapter one.
Chapter two treated review of related literature. This reviewed some work carried out by other people which has related to the study.
Chapter three was on the method of data That participatory managemen analysis, this the researcher used simple percentages and tables in the analysis of the data. This she found to be more suitable to a descriptive research of the nature. The population of the secretaries in Nigeria Breweries PLC 9th mile corner Enugu was relatively small which made the researcher to use the whole population of 20 secretaries working in Nigerian Breweries.
Chapter four was on the presentation and analysis of data
Chapter five treated the findings conclusions and recommendations. In the findings, it was discovered that secretaries in Nigerian breweries are frustrated. Also that majority of them were stagnated for many years and that over time allowances were not being paid to those who work over time. The study showed that secretaries are sharing offices with other staff numbering two to four while they are not allowed to participate in the decision making especially the ones concerning them.
In the training and re-training of staff, secretaries are not beneficiaries to the scheme. This makes them to be obsolete and to be over taken by the automation. But it as the opinion of Isiaku ES (2005) that any secretary who would like to join the band wagoa of technology should be involved in training and re-training on the modern technological equipment.
It was concluded that series efforts should be made top bridge the secretaries of NB PLC 9th mile corner Enugu on the aforementioned issues.
Finally, recommendations was made as follows
1. That the ban on promotion of secretaries in Nigerian breweries should be lifted
2. That they should have staff development units to take care of the training and re-training of staff in Nigeria breweries
3. That modern communication equipment should be provided for secretaries to reduce fatigue on repetitive work.
4. That the management of the brewery look into the problems caused by frustration and reduce the frustration on secretaries as well as other allied workers in the company.
5. The management on the management of their secretaries should adopt that human relation approach.
6. Those secretaries should make sure that they are trained before looking for employment especially in Nigerian breweries.
7. That the management should have re-think on the importance of training to both the employer and the employees.
t should be adopted by the managements to ensure industrial peace, reduce staff turnover and for overall achievement of organizational goals.TABLE OF CONTENT
Table of content
1.1 Background of the study
1.2 Statement of problem
1.3 Purpose of the study
1.4 Significance of the study
1.5 Scope of the study
1.6 Research question
2.1 Who is a secretary and what are his roles
2.2 The meaning of frustration
2.3 Causes of frustration
2.4 The effect of frustration
3.1 Research design
3.2 Area of the study
3.3 Population of the study
3.4 Sample of the study
3.5 Sources of data
3.6 Primary data
3.7 Secondary data
3.8 Development and administration of research instrument
3.9 Validation of the instrument
3.10 Reliability of the instrument
3.11 Method of data analysis
DATA PRESENTATION AND ANALYSIS
SUMMARY, CONCLUSION AND RECOMMENDATIONS
5.1 Summary of findings