TRADE FAIR AS AN INSTRUMENT OF PROMOTION LOCALLY MANUFACTURED GOODS . A RESEARCH PROJECT MATERIAL ON MARKETING
This study which is on trade fair as an instrument the promoting manufactured goods in enugu metropolis, (A case study of asbestors sheet made by emenite Nigeria limited) was carried out due to the following objectives.
- To determine how trade their can help to stimulate marketing produces.
- How trade fair can help a company to increased their marketing shares and profits
- Whether participants, organizer and consumer obtain values for their money.
Finally, to access how the participating companies make adjustment when need arises in other to achieve the above objectives, the research carried out face to face oral interview which helped them obtain information 50 respondent were interviewed. Based on analysis the following findings were made.
· Emenlte participant in trade fair help successfully in promoting products asbsetors sheet
· Trade fair positively created awareness of absorb sheet product of emenite ltd.
· And emenite participation help to increase customer patronage. In the view of the above ending the researcher recommend the following.
· Tan emenite should continues to attend trade fair because it promotes it’s products.
· That emenite ltd should improved on its transportation arrangement.
· Based on the fact that trade fair creates awareness and increase customer patronages emenite should continue to attend trade fairs.
1.1. BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY
Trade fair is a form of promotional device that enables companies or manufactures to show case and demonstrate their products to both middlemen and ultimate consumers.
It can also be defined as a means through which manufactures, distributors display their good to the members of the public.
People participation in trade fairs have privilege to physically examine, make comparison and learn about new source.
These shows are usually designed of special group in a particular geographical area (as made in village trade fair) individual who participate in the fair are always interested and inquisitive about the new trends in a particular field and probably may want to know whether there is any slight change in product features. When the exhibit are well published, managed targeted, the result will increase sales volume for exhibitors.