BACKGROUND OF STUDY
Management is very essential in all establishments whether private or public. Also, management is very useful in all sector of economy such as Health, Agriculture, Water resources, Power, Works and Communication as well as aviation ministries. Unfortunately we would discover that nearly all our sector of economy failed as a result of lack of proper management despite the fact that we spent a lot of money on these sectors.
However, this case also affect the construction industry whereby there are a lot of project abandoned as a result of bankrupts, insolvency and inadequate planning by contractor before embark on the project. All these problems can be traced to lack of proper management of contractor before embark on a project.
As a result of these, this research centers on how to manage the mass housing construction project with in the available limited resources (in terms of finance and human resources) and times to achieve the goals.
STATEMENT OF PROBLEM
Many books have been written in the past on mass housing project by the professional/development but most of this books tails to apply the detail of management to answer the questions of how can the mass housing project be manage in other to meet the demand of both investor and inducers likewise what are the role that consultant can play toward successful of the project.
What are the various methods of financing and procuring the project particularly in Kwara State Ilorin, metropolis.
AIM OF STUDY
To highlight the various method used in managing the mass housing and determine the appropriate one to meet the demand of both client and end user.
OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
– To highlight the various techniques employ to mass housing construction
– To determine the appropriate method of managing construction finance and human resources.
– To identify a ways of discouraging and the causes of abandoning the project
SCOPE AND LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
The research is restricted to the principle of managing the mass housing employ in Kwara State only. It also study the various methods of financing and procuring the project particular in Ilorin metropolis.
SIGNIFICANT OF THE STUDY
– The client will benefit from this research interms of having the best from what he invested.
– This research will assist the developer to have a good return for his investment.
– This research will also help the end users to meet their needs interms of comfort and functionality of building.
– Contractor will also benefit term of how he can manage his project to avoid bankruptcy.
– It will also assist the consultant to the mass housing project.