TABLE OF CONTENTS
Table of content
1.1 Background of the study
of the Study
- Purpose of the Study
- Significance of the Study
- Research Methodology
- Research Question
- Scope of the Study
- Organization and Plan of the Study
- Definition of Term
CHAPTER TWO: LITERATURE REVIEW
of Financial Statement
- Information to be disclosed in Financial Statement
- The roles of Financial Statement in decision making
- Problems of the use of Financial Statement
- Methods of Analyzing Financial Statement
- Interpretation of Financial Statement
- Uses of Financial Statement
CHAPTER THREE: RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
- Research Design
- Population of the Study
- Sampling size and Sampling Method
- Research Instrument
- Source of Data
- Statistical Techniques for Data Analysis
- Historical Background of International Tobacco Company Plc
- Organization Chart
CHAPTER FOUR: STATISTICAL ANALYSIS
- Analysis of responses to Research Questions
- Financial Control System
- Interpretation of the Findings
CHAPTER FIVE: SUMMARY, RECOMMENDATION AND CONCLUSION
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Appraisal statement has been defined by the statement of accounting standard No: 2 (SAS 2) as the means of communication to invested party’s information on the resources, obligation and performance of the reporting entity or enterprises.
Financial statement therefore are statement of summarizing transaction of a business, prepared and presented basically for a time period for various decision making situation by variety of users.
The purpose of this statement is not to evolve a basic theory of accounting but to identify some of this concept, which are generally accepted. Appraisal statements are therefore expected to be clear and easy to understand by users.
An appraisal statement consist of balance sheet, profit and loss account, note to the accounts source and application of fund statement, value added statement and historical financial summary users of appraisal statement include investors, creditors, employees and revenue regulatory authorities (SAS 1).
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
Unfortunately, the management of business organization and some other users of the appraisal statement lack the qualitative understanding of the impact of appraising financial statement and consulting it when decision have been made. This research work will take an in-depth into this.
1.3 PURPOSE OF THE STUDY
The main purpose of this study or research work as to assess the extent of usage of appraisal statement an a basis for managerial decision making in a manufacturing sector.
The main problem encountered by companies in recent time as their inability to plan, organizes and effectively uses of appraisal information and resources to achieve the goals of wealth maximization.
This research work is undertaken to evaluate how appraisal statement can be use as a tool for guiding the process of decision-making in a manufacturing sector
OTHER PURPOSE INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING
- To evaluate qualitative understanding of appraisal statement which serve as a guild l An appraisal statement consist of balance sheet, profit and loss account, note to the accounts source and application of fund statement, ine for making vital decision by the management.
- To evaluate the extent of management decision depending on the appraisal statement.
- To recommend and rectify some weakness in the prevailing attitude toward the use of appraisal statement for decision-making purpose.
1.4 SIGNIFICANT OF THE STUDY
Studies in the past revealed that many organizations have neither focused nor made the expected profit because of decision based on inaccuracy, rule of thumb and malfunction for management (Shapiro 1978).
However, accountants are now showing an increasing interest in understanding the relationship between financial statement, which is also the appraisal statement and decision-making in business (Thibhover, 1973). This research will therefore determine the bearing of appraisal in managerial decision-making in a manufacturing sector. The appraisal statement will help the users to take decision as regards investment and this enable business enterprise to expands.