THE CHALLENGES OF OFFICE MANAGEMENT TECHNOLOGY PROFESSION IN THE MODERN TECHNOLOGICAL ERA
This research is focused on the challenges of office management technology profession in the modern technological era. The main purpose of this research was to find out the office management technology profession, the teaching and learning of internet skills, the teaching and learning of Management information skills, the teaching and learning of data processing skills. Four research questions were formulated and questionnaires were used to obtain data from the population of 60. From the data analysis the following findings were made: that modern Technology plays important role in the OFFICE MANAGEMENT TECHNOLOGY profession in polytechnics, that the the challenges of OFFICE MANAGEMENT TECHNOLOGY profession in the modern technological era include acquisition of new ideas, helps in training of students in distance areas, provide teachers with current teaching aids among others. That modern Technology helps in the teaching and learning creation of document, storage of document, retrieval of document, disposal of document and protection of document, all these are the challenges of modern Technology in Information Management system. That the challenges of modern Technology in the teaching and learning of data processing skills includes; the teaching and learning of calculation skills, sorting of data, classification of data, recording of data and the teaching and learning of storing of data.
The functions of the OFFICE MANAGEMENT TECHNOLOGY profession has changed drastically at present due to largely to the introduction of modern Technology in offices. The use of new machines like computers, facsimile, automatic typewriters, word processes etc has generated new business abilities and new job opportunities for OFFICE MANAGEMENT TECHNOLOGY Profession.
However, it is also feared that this has posed a lot of challenges to OFFICE MANAGEMENT TECHNOLOGY Profession. Hence the need for this research work which statement of the problems has to do with.
- To determine the effect modern Technology have on OFFICE MANAGEMENT TECHNOLOGY Profession, in other word dos the introduction of modern Technology pose challenges on the effectiveness of OFFICE MANAGEMENT TECHNOLOGY Profession.
- To determine whether the introduction of these automation constitute something to fear about by OFFICE MANAGEMENT TECHNOLOGY Profession. Or is this innovation blessing for them. Guided by these, the researcher set out the objectives or the research questions to include:
- To ascertain whether modern Technology pose challenges to OFFICE MANAGEMENT TECHNOLOGY Profession who prior preparation in their operations.
- To determine whether OFFICE MANAGEMENT TECHNOLOGY Profession who had no previous preparation in the manipulation of modern Technology encounter problems
- To find out whether OFFICE MANAGEMENT TECHNOLOGY Profession are exposed to training and retraining to meet challenges in modern Technology.
Relying on data collected from five giant financial houses in Enugu North Local Government Area that was used as a case study, the researcher made use of the primary data that involved the designing and sending out of questionnaire. Tables were drawn to analyze responses in percentages. Result of finding from the analysis sustain no challenge for research question I, problems for research II and yes for research question II. In the final analysis appropriate recommendations regarding the finding were made.
TABLE OF CONTENT
Table of content.
- Background of the study
- Statement of problems
- Purpose of the study
- Significance of the study
- Research questions
- Definition of terms
- Definitions of terms
- An overview of the secretary
- The acquired competence of OFFICE MANAGEMENT TECHNOLOGY Profession in institution of Higher learning
- Modern automation and challenges
- Empirical/theoretical approach on the challenges of automation
- The duties/challenges and importance of a secretary
- Research design
- Area of study
- Population of study
- Sample size
- Sources of data collection
- Method of data analysis
- Establishment of validity of the instrument
- Establishment of reliability of the instrument.
PRESENTATION AND SUMMARY OF RESULTS/FINDINGS
- Presentation of respondents by sex and branch
- Analysis of data
SUMMARY, RECOMMENDATION AND CONCLUSION
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
The modern technology and Economic development in recent years have affected to a large extent the functions and performance of the OFFICE MANAGEMENT TECHNOLOGY profession. Consequently, there arise the need for development of improved devices for the purpose of increasing productivity levels, to make work less tedious. The history of the secretarial revolution of the 14th to 16th centuries. Record keeping and inventions of Manu scripting were first developed. When it becomes imperative that these two innovations could not provide a complete answer to smooth take off of business and full office operations, further inventions were made giving birth to the art of typing with machines.
The invention of the typewriter and its uses in the office were almost revolutionarizin their useful to business application. Work could be done more quickly, more legibly, more accurately and more economically. But the expansion of business activities demand for more and better skill and experienced personnel. The invention of the typewriter was followed by adding and calculating machines, cash register and book-keeping machines. The office today has changed largely due to technical advances, new business procedures and concepts and international movement. The use of new machines like computers, fax, machines, electric typewriters, word processing etc has generated new skills and new job opportunities. These have posed a lot of challenges to the OFFICE MANAGEMENT TECHNOLOGY Profession. Some OFFICE MANAGEMENT TECHNOLOGY Profession cannot operate these electronic gadgets and other modern equipment. In a research carried out by Okoye (1992:48), it was discovered that “graduate OFFICE MANAGEMENT TECHNOLOGY Profession were rated so low in their abilities to operate such equipments. Their knowledge and shorthand was appreciated but surprisingly, these OFFICE MANAGEMENT TECHNOLOGY Profession could only exhibit a faint knowledge of the mechanism of the copiers and duplicating machines.
Like!! I blog quite often and I genuinely thank you for your information. The article has truly peaked my interest.
Thanks so much for the blog post.
A big thank you for your article.
bookmarked!!, I like your blog!