THE IMPACT OF HUMAN RESOURCE IN PRODUCTIVITY IN SSABML KADUNA AS SOURCE OF DATA
1.1 Background of the Study
The history of planning is old as man himself had started from the ancient era during the primitive period when there were no industries of firm. Planning is a basic function of management thus therefore means that planning pervades all the functional area of management which includes personnel production, research and development and finance and marketing. Through planning organization goals and objectives are determined; the resource a valuable must be strategies to achieve the goals and objective, planning in this respect involves accurate projection of the answer of what? How?, when? And their relationship to organization activities.
In personnel management function, human resources planning is sometime referred to as workforce planning, which is defined as the process of the right number of qualified people into the right job at the right time. To ensure adequate workforce in the organization, management must plan properly. Proper planning in this respect involves accurate projection, of the future, talking inventory of existing workforce; comparing the force with the existing one and take corrective measure.
Productivity mean rate of output, degree of result and success which is directly relate to profitability and turnover. This research study concentrates on the possible impact of human resource planning on workers’ productivity. The human resources mean the human that are in the organization without them there cannot be production. So there is need for the organization to plan well for its human resources planning the productivity of an organization.
- Planning helps to resolve problem of shortage of staff in organization.
- It also helps in determining and planning what capital material, equipment, and personnel require in an organization in order to achieve organization objectives.
- Planning make control possible, which is comparing actual outcome with performance standards and taking corrective action if variance exists.
- Human resource planning management develop by helping managers to take proactive role.
- Human resource planning use planning to assess external forces to help the firm deal with environmental uncertainty by mobilizing scare or limited resource to neutralize potential threats.
Lastly, human resource planning function include staffing that is acquiring qualified and appropriate number of workers for an organization to determining and acquiring other resources and proper allocation of these resource. In addition of activities of all members and parts of an organization is another major purpose of human resource planning in order to boost production.
1.2 Statement of the Problem
One of the most serious problems facing SSABML is the acute shortage of qualified resource. The problem of inadequate skilled manpower in Nigeria limited sector could be traced administrative policies which gave the local population more opportunity to develop some of the problem faced by the human resources planners is as follows:
- Management of funds, fund kept for the proper planning management of the organization is always converted to their private pocket by the top management.
- As a result of lack motivation money of our expertise in Nigeria have gone to a board where they will be paid and live in a comfortable house will all kinds of fringe benefits.
- The rate of labour turnover in increasing lack of facilities in our higher institutions irrelevance of the educational curriculum to the need of the economic.
1.3 Objective of the Study
This study is of the view that human resources is very important factor in the production, management and government as a whole. Human resources will not be any value if it is not productive. Therefore to identify factor which hamper the effective and efficient operation of SSABML, the management of SSABML must strategize using the all resources available in their care of make sure that their objective is achieved at the long run. In order to guide the study the following objectives are put forward:
- To determine how employees are being compensated as well as the fringe benefit received.
- To ascertain whether the service rendering to customer are of optimum quality.
- To find out the actual problem affecting the management of social system association business management limited.
- To find out the level of the labour turnover and how it affect on the productivity in the organization.
- To see how human resources planning has change the level of production capacity in the SSABML.
1.4 Significance of the Study
This study is necessitated by the urges and the need for the research, reader and organization is general to understand the advantages of implementation of human resources on productivity stem that will serve as tool for achieving higher organization productivity. The following are the significance of study of the researcher.
- To serve a guide to corporate individuals, organization and student alike in furtherance to their research on the subject matter.
- To help government in the determination of how productive is both public and private sector of the economy.
- To serve as a reference materials for student who will wish to conduct similar studies on this topic.
1.5 Research Question
- What is the nature of human resources in organization?
- Is human resource planning relevant to organizational productivity?
- Is there any relationship between productivity and organization human resource in SSABML?
- What are the criteria and condition for impact of human resource organization?
- In what ways does the problem observed can be tackled?
1.6 Scope of the Study
The study is restricted to the impact of human resource in productivity in SSABML Kaduna as source of data and it will cover period from 2005 to 2010.
1.7 Limitation of Study
The study was with constrained, some of these constraints are;
- Finance: It was no doubt a great limited of factors for this project considering the world wide economic recession and the particular financial squeeze within the country. All these combined together or bear on me.
- Time Limit: There is also limited amount of time in the course of investigation. This based in the fact that the researcher will have other task to perform. These include often assignment in the school going for lecture, preparation for test, examination and other to maintained but few. The school authority imposed a time limit in the submission of the complete work base on the submission of the completed work. Base on these the project will cover those areas that are very curial to the problems used investigation.
- Lack of Trust: Another limitation is that I was not permitted to make use of certain documents for security purpose because the organization would not like it’s secret to be leakage out despite the backup letter given by the project co-ordinate.
1.8 Research Hypothesis
Incompetent professional charged with the duty of
riser usb says
Thank you for every one of your labor on this web site. My daughter really loves managing investigations and it’s really obvious why. Most people learn all regarding the lively mode you present rewarding techniques through this web site and even inspire participation from some others on the point then our favorite princess is really starting to learn a whole lot. Take advantage of the rest of the year. You are always doing a splendid job.
buy glaucoma drugs says
You got a very great website, Gladiola I discovered it through google. https://glaucomamedi.com buy glaucoma drugs