EFFICIENT MARKETING OF TELEVISION SERVICES (A CASE STUDY OF NIGERIA TELEVISION AUTHORITY (NTA). A RESEARCH PROJECT MATERIAL ON MARKETING
– To determine whether this television house is giving better services to customers or viewers.
– To find out if viewers and advertisers are actually satisfied with the services given by Nigeria Television Authority (NTA).
– To ascertain the reasons why advertisers prefer to patronize Nigeria Television Authority (NTA).
– To determine the factor limiting the performance of the television house in offering better service to its customers.
– To attain the objectives, the researcher collected both primary and secondary data by the use of questionnaire and oral interview. To present and analyze the data, tables, frequencies and percentages were used. The 2 score was used to test hypothesis since this is test for difference of means.
After analyzing data and testing hypothesis the research came up with the following findings.
– Viewers agreed that NTA offers better programmes because of its network strategy.
– The problem of in sufficient find and lack of equipment and facilities affect the NTA.
– Relatively, the personnel in NTA are not better motivated.
– The political interferences also affect the quality of services offered by NTA.
Based on the above findings the researcher recommends the following for the Nigerian Television Authority (NTA).
– The federal government should provide enough fund for renovating and purchasing new facilities and equipment.
– The salaries and allowances of its personnel should be further enhanced to keep them from quitting the television house.
– New films and documentaries should be purchased in order to attract the customers attention.
The success of any organization depends on whether such an organization recognizes the most important aspect of business, and that is customer or consumer satisfaction. Consumer satisfaction should be the first thing to think about before one thinks of profitability. That is why professional marketers always say that the consumer is at the center of all marketing effort.
Consumer satisfaction therefore makes it necessary for an organization to be marketing oriented. The organization must not only practice marketing but it must be efficient in its practice of marketing. That it must use the right strategies and marketing must to offer total product benefits and satisfaction to consumers. This is very necessary if the organization must survive, from and remain competitive.