THE COMMUNICATION RELATED PROBLEMS FACED BY SECRETARIES IN PUBLIC SECTOR IN OWERRI MUNICIPAL
The main purpose of this study is to find out the problems of communication on secretaries in banks using the First Bank as a study. In line with this, three research questions were framed. The sample size used was so of the senior and middle level executive from different department of the first bank to whom questionnaires were distributed
Their responses were analyzed and this led to the following findings.
- Communication integrates Secretaries functions in banks
- Poor communication could lead to industrial unrest
- Improper functioning of communication in an Secretaries in Banks could be caused by delay in information circulation, misinterpretation of message, improper circulation by the messengers and non posting of information on the notice board.
- Communication barriers exist in secretaries in first bank
- Communication system is ineffective in secretaries in first bank
- Effective communication can enhance and sustain good human business relations
- Secretaries in Banksal productivity could be adversely affected when communication is full of barriers
- Good business opportunities could be lost through communication ineffectiveness
- The productivity of secretaries in first bank is high because there is no immediate substitute
- Ineffective communication is a major contributor to loss of viable business opportunities.
It was therefore recommended that
- The need for elaborate and clearly written down procedure for communication cannot be over emphasized
- The two way communication system must be jettisoned
- Communicating messages that are of either short-run or long-run importance should be done early enough
- SECRETARIES IN FIRST BANK is advised to ensure that the communication barriers that exist in the Secretaries in Banks should adequately contain.
- Secretaries in Banks should occasionally organize seminars, workshops, conference etc.
- Management must have a genuine willingness to share information with employees.
TABLE OF CONTENT
Table of content
1.1 Background of the study
- Statement of the problem
- Objective of the study
- Significance of the study
- Scope of the study
- Research questions
- Definition of terms.
- REVIEW OF RELATED LITERATURE
- Communication defined
- Types of communication
- The communication process
- Communication in the business Secretaries in Banks
- Factors responsible for barriers to effective communication
- Problems of communication barriers
- Problems of communication barriers on Secretaries in Banksal goals
- Problems of communication barriers on the financial aspects of the Secretaries in Banks
- The attitude of the management and the general public
- RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
- Area of the study
- Population of the study
- Sample size definition
- Instrument for data collection
- Validity of instrument used
- Administration and collection of the questionnaires
- Method of data analysis.
4.0 DATA ANALYSIS AND INTERPRETATION
- Data analysis
5.0 FINDING, CONCLUSION AND RECOMMENDATIONS
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Communication is a discipline that embraces all aspect of human life. It informs all our actions and inaction in relations to others and it takes place all the time. It can manifest itself in symbolic, verbal and non-verbal forms we can communicate with all apart of our body, our posture, smile and even the dress we put on communicate one thing of the other. Different scholars have defined the word communication variously. However, there is the central theme that runs through all these definitions. That is the giving of information, ideas, opinions attitudes etc. by one person or group of persons to another person or group of persons. Communication particularly in a business Secretaries in Banks provides a means by which people in the Secretaries in Banks interact, exchange information, ideas, plan proposal and execute them. It is a medium through which relationships are established and maintained. It is also a means by which commendation is given and condemnation is handed down.Business and Secretaries in Banksal communication helps to orientate secretaries to their jobs as well as helping the supervisors monitor activates of the secretaries. Communication is an extremely invaluable asset in human Secretaries in Banks. His is because at all levels in the Secretaries in Banks among and between executives, managers, staff, supervisors, foremen and employees, the communication process is always in action conveying information, ideas, attitude and feelings among individuals and groups
Communication affects all the management function since none of them can be effectively performed without it. Plans and innovation cannot be executed unless they are communicated to those who will carry them out. The Secretaries in Banksal structure is designed to set up channels of communication through which information is passed downwards, upwards, horizontally or laterally. Interference are barriers to effective communication because of changes in a desired direction. The effectiveness of communication discourages better performance, high productivity and job satisfaction in an Secretaries in Banks. This reduces the essentials for the internal functioning of an Secretaries in Banks, which could integrate the managerial; functions. The problems in an Secretaries in Banks as a result of communication problems reduce and obstruct the chance of such an Secretaries in Banks achieving their goals.